Cover Your Six
If you feel that you need help or someone to talk to about anything, Veterans Affairs has a Veterans Assistance Services line 24/7. Please don’t hesitate to call:
If you wish to get ahold of Veterans Affairs Canada, please call:
If you wish to get in touch with Veterans Affairs in Hamilton:
55 Bay St. N., Hamilton, Ontario L8R 3P7
The Legion’s Definition of a Veteran
A Veteran is any person who is serving or who has honourably served in the Canadian Forces, the Commonwealth or its wartime allies, or as a Regular Member of The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or as a Peace Officer in Special Duty Area or on a Special Duty Operation, or has served in the Merchant Navy or Ferry Command during wartime.
What can the Legion do for you?
The Royal Canadian Legion has so many services they can help you with. They include:
· Meet with the Legion Service Officer to help identify unmet health or support needs and review possible benefits through VAC, as well as other supports available.
· Get assistance with completing the Legion Claims Form and receive a referral to Legion Command Service Officers for individual assistance.
· Request benevolent financial assistance through the Poppy Fund.
· Request Visits to Veterans in Retirement and long term care facilities.
· Access Veterans support and care programs as offered through the branch.
All you have to do is pick up the phone and call your local Legion. It doesn’t cost anything and you have nothing to lose.
For more information on what the Legion can do for you please go to www.Legion.ca
We are here to help.
Royal Canadian Legion Branch 60 Burlington
Phone (905) 639-6400
This is just a reminder, that if you are a Veteran or a direct family member of a Veteran and haven’t joined the legion yet, we are offering a free one-year membership!
Branches need members like you to get involved and make an impact in the lives of your fellow Veterans, with peer-run social programs like Operation Vetbuild and Buddy Check Coffee.
Want to get involved? Join your local Legion branch today! https://www.legion.ca/join-us/veteran-welcome-program .